Field Abstract Logo. 1201 Fort Street
P.O. Box 129
Hays, KS 67601
Phone (785) 625-2112
Fax (785) 625-3372
Company History
      

Field Abstract & Title Company was established by Joseph M. Schaefer in 1911. We were originally known as J. M. Schaefer Abstract Company. In 1940, Max Wann and Earl Field purchased the J. M. Schaefer Abstract Company and renamed it Wann and Field Abstract Company. After World War II, Earl Field bought Max Wann's interest in the company. The company was then known as Field Abstract & Title Company.

In 1970, Earl Field purchased the Ostrum Abstract Company, and incorporated the records of Francis Ostrum into those of Field Abstract. Bob Schibi bought the business from Earl Field in 1976.

We had been located at 1205 Fort Street in Hays (across the street from the front door of the Ellis County Courthouse) since 1951. On January 14, 1995, we relocated our offices to 1201 Fort Street to give us needed additional space and to better serve our customers.

Contact Us via E-mail
      

Bob Schibi
Cindy Weigel
Marie Wasinger
Eric Schibi